10.11.2006

 

I soooooo fucking told you so.

And this is the only place I will be able to EVER say it. The Capt.? Yeah, his spirits are totally crushed right now. A little back story, you ask? Certainly! Six months ago The Capt. bought a 2003 Ford Ranger. Stick. No Air Conditioning. I wasn't a fan. A month ago The Capt. quit his retail job and took a factory job to get better hours. With a considerable pay cut. I was fine with that. I actually liked it. His Ju Jitsu training is more important, it's what he wants to do with his life. He wants to own a school and teach people mixed martial arts. And, he's good at it. So, anywhoo, a week after he starts his new factory job his old retail District Dick called him up, offered him a store (the one he wanted to begin with) and $38,500. A considerable raise even before the considerable pay cut. Being the manipulative little shit he is he asked for $42,000. In the end he got $40,000. Lets all take a moment and say WOOT!!!!. Yes ma'am I was friggin excited. That means I get to have heat this winter! So, the Capt. quit his factory job and went back to retail hell, but at least he's sorta kinda a little bit in charge. The Capt. promised himself a NEW (as in brand spankin') car of his choice. He decided he wanted a Jeep Wrangler. (For all of you who have ever taken a long trip in one of these fuckin haywagons I did fall to the floor screaming and writhing in pain screaming NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!) He did all the research, found the JEEP he wanted, found a dealership and paid them a visit. We had decided we can afford around $330 a month and still put away money for a house (which is what I want). The Capt. goes to the dealership and is presented with a package that puts him at $450 a month. *Screaming hate fire from the eyes ensues* The salesman tells him they will only give him $2,000 as his trade in on the truck that we currently owe $8,000 on. Begin the crushing of spirits. They bantered for about 2 hours before The Capt. became so incensed he might have considered breaking appendages. Fast forward a bit to when I arrive home from my crappy job. When I walked into the house I was faces with a 29 year old 2 year old who didn't get the candy he wanted. The disappointment and hatred could be tasted in the air. So now I am living with pouting and upsetness. I understand. I do. But every time I open my mouth I have to snap it shut like a pittbull on a steak so the "I TOLD YOU NOT TO BUY THAT STUPID TRUCK" doesn't just tumble haphazardly out of my mouth. Cuz' seriously, he might cry.

Comments:
He he he, it`s not a mean laughter, but my man would also probably reacted in the same way. I have on occasions come home to a 25 year old 2 year old my self:) Fortunantly I have a house, and I managed to get him to loose the big gas drinking dodge. and replace it with a much more economic peugot, that his mom covers the insurans on.
Have a nice day
 
Sounds like something my 31 year old husband would do too.

Hope it all works out :)
 
Car dealerships are the work of the devil. The guy at the dealership down the street from me kept treating me like a little girl so I left and ended up buying my car from a different dealership about 50 miles away all over the phone!

Good luck pulling him out of 2 year old mode!
 
Car Dealers, even the good ones are the devil's spawn. There is a special pit in Hell that awaits the new car salesman. Because no matter how good a deal you make, you still like you've been gang-raped when you drive off the lot. This New Year's Eve will be the 2nd Anniversary of the "Debtening". I'll have to post a story about how Maniacally Evil Husband and I bought 2 brand new cars in one day. Let's just say it ended with me whispering to MEH in my finest pyscho-killer quiet voice, "Baby, believe me, I'm not trying to be a cliche here, but to parse Don Corleone, either your signature or your blood is going to be those loan documents. So just sign the fucking papers so we can get the fuck out of here."

I don't know what frightened the salesman more, what I said or the look on my husband's face that said I would actually follow through on the threat.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]