1.03.2009

 

Hey! I'm back. And I have food!


So I decided top share my Top Secret Creamy Turkey and Herbed Dumpling recipe with you all. I think it's FAB, but if you don't like rosemary walk away right now. This is Heavy on the rosemary.

Feel free to play around with this recipe. I don't often measure so if you think it needs more stock, or mushrooms, or more onions, whatever! Add away! Food is supposed to be fun and delicious!

Enjoy!




Soup

2 Cups chopped, cooked turkey (make sure to use dark and light meat)
1 big onion, chopped
2/8 butter
Garlic
Stock (I make my own but if you're using canned start with at least one big can)
1 small bag baby carrots Chopped (again you can use big carrots just chop them up and use however many you like)
1 cup Celery
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavey cream
Fresh Sage, Rosemary and Thyme, finely chopped (to taste)
Salt and Pepper

Dumplings:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
lots of fresh cracked pepper
Finely chopped herbs (you can use any kind I just prefer rosemary, sage and thyme)
1/2 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients and herbs, add milk and mix with fork
You may need to add more milk as you go. I started with a half cup and needed more but didn't measure. Sorry.
You want it to be the consistencey of a wet sticky dough, not firm like bread.



To Make:

Medium-low flame under a large stockpot
Toss in butter, onion and garlic to start sweating
Once translucent add the stock and the turkey
Add carrots, celery and chopped herbs (I also added 2 big sprigs of rosemary as it cooked. You may not want to right away. HEAVY rosemary if you do that.)
Cook until tender
Add white wine and cream
Taste! Add salt and pepper. Taste again.
Give it a stir and turn up heat just slightly to a fast simmer
Drop in dumplings one by one (use the 2 spoon method to get them all approximately the same size)
Now put the lid on and do not lift it for at least 30 minutes
Dumplings should be heavy and moist all the way through.

It's soup!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]